Each year, teachers & staff are faced with budget constraints. DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Find out what our teachers projects are here:
Here's how it works: public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on DonorsChoose.org. Requests range from pencils for a poetry writing unit, to violins for a school recital, to microscope slides for a biology class.
Then, you can browse project requests and give any amount to the one that inspires you. Once a project reaches its funding goal, we deliver the materials to the school.
You'll get photos of your project taking place, a thank-you letter from the teacher, and a cost report showing how each dollar was spent. If you give over $50, you'll also receive hand-written thank-you letters from the students.
At DonorsChoose.org, you can give as little as $1 and get the same level of choice, transparency, and feedback that is traditionally reserved for someone who gives millions. We call it citizen philanthropy.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Wednesday Envelopes: Meet after drop-off every Wednesday in the Parent Center for about ½ hr.-1 hr. to collate and assemble classroom envelopes
- Lunch and Recess extra supervision. Volunteer to be an extra adult to help with lunch and recess
- Prepare and deliver snack every morning. Meet in parent center to prep and coordinate delivery to classrooms.
- Help with morning valet drop-off and monitoring parking situation so buses can get through. 8-8:30 am on Harrison Street. Need someone to recruit and schedule volunteers?
- Check with your classroom teacher
Contact Flynn’s Parent Liaison Araceli Garcia, GarciaA4@sfusd.edu, 415-695-5770 for more information.
Another way to help out is to volunteer on a PTA event or other type of event. The PTA funds important enrichment programs such as: Mission Science Workshop, arts, library, music, and garden.